Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Buellton summertime, have the experts at Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally discharging it to the environment.
- Check for proper airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning today at 805-242-9638.