Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Buellton during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning at 805-242-9638 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.