When it’s chilly in Buellton you count on your heat pump to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair coming soon. Yearly maintenance service from experts can keep your system running in peak performance and identify likely problem areas before they completely fall apart. Between service visits, make sure to look for signals that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be running correctly. Is it running long enough? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could hint at a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump can’t get out of heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump cools your home by carrying refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps reverse the process and moves refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact a pro to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling how it regularly does. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off again and again. This might indicate a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled consistently. Are your registers all open and unhampered? If they are and the problem endures, contact a pro to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump begin running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to schedule heat pump repair now that you’ve heard of these common symptoms. The pros at Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.