Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Buellton is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning in Buellton at 805-242-9638 today.