Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Buellton are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning in Buellton will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 805-242-9638 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.