Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Buellton colder months. If you already called Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning for your annual service, you’re absolutely ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Chat with us at 805-242-9638 to get one scheduled.
There are lots of straightforward things you can do in between pro servicing to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in the best shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters often and clean or swap them when recommended. This is such a straightforward way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and uphold top efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are accessible for maximum airflow. Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have grown up by your outdoor unit or clutter has gathered, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to guarantee that it’s functioning appropriately. Merely turn it on and gently increase the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, look back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our professionals, call Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning at 805-242-9638 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!