With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at top efficiency, it can cut a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly heighten your expenses and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning specialist do air conditioning service
at least each year is critical to keeping your system working well for the long haul. He or she can ensure the unit is working properly and can identify possible problems in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and leave you needing large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them every month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 805-242-9638.