Summer weather in Buellton can be rough. But you don’t have to pick between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility costs. We’ve put together some tips to make it simple.
The top thing you can do to stay comfortable and sustain energy efficiency is by tending to your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® suggests keeping your system running at its best and efficiently, and Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning is able to make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll complete the following tasks noted by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to make sure there’s safe operation of your system and the opportunity of a longer lifespan for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as required. Dirty coils require your system to work longer to do its job.
- Check system controls to be sure of correct and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to ensure proper system airflow.
Another critical piece to remaining cool is regularly inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter could raise energy bills and damage your equipment, which could lead to untimely failure. Our Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning experts will look at these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to make your own schedule to change them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home comfortable and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to be sure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- If it is cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let nature cool your home for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to trap the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Take advantage of fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a bit higher than you normally would without noticing any changes in your comfort level.
- Another type of fan people routinely forget about when they’re trying to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to get rid of the heat and humidity from your home.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven add heat into your home, but even routine activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can up the heat in your home.
If you’d like extra ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning at call at 805-242-9638 or request an appointment with us online.