Whether you appreciate winter or favor the warmer months in Buellton, many of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a huge impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Check weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that should be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your space warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it should be replaced. We advocate at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can set temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. It’s just one way to be more efficient and help with energy costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. An expert at Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system run more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means a longer life for your HVAC system.
If you are considering routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Allstar Heating & Air Conditioning in Buellton a call to start down the right path. Contact our team at 805-242-9638 or schedule an appointment with us online.